IF SIN WERE A SINFUL NATURE,
by Dennnis Carroll
1. God originated SIN
2. God will punish those who have been punished for Adam's sin, because they have been punished for Adam's sin.
3. Jesus could have married a virgin and produced a holy race by natural generation
4. Man is more benevolent and just than GODi.e. man's idea of justice is injustice, and that of injustice is just
5. All human governments are inherently evil, for inability is never punished, and natural attributes are not considered evil.
6. The physical change that happened at the fall removed the sinner from the obligation to obey the moral law, for the moral law addresses only those able to obey it.
7. A physical change is necessary in regeneration.
8. If a physical change occurs, then a loss of identity occurs,however, Paul was always Paul.
9. God saving man from sin would be a matter of justice and not grace
10. God would be obligated, by justice, to relieve the unfortunate, rather than be gracious to the rebel.
11. Jesus did not become Man, with a sinful nature:Therefore, he was not tempted in all points like as we are, nor touched with the feelings of our infirmities.
12. The will is not free.
13. How could Adam and Eve Sin?
14. How could angels sin?
15. Children go to hell.
16. All aborted babies go to hell.
17. Sin is a calamity, not a crime
18, Repentance is impossible, because the conscience will never condemn the sinner of his inability.
19. Immediate repentance and submission cannot be urged immediately upon the sinner. Because He CAN"T.
20. Man is unable to repent.
21. Physical regeneration is necessary
This leads to universalism: FOR-If Power changes one's nature in regeneration
If God is all powerful
If God is benevolent,
HE must therefore, in justice, regenerate all sinners
22. It regards the atonement of Christ as unnecessary. he did not have to die for the misfortune of men.
HOME | FINNEY LIFE | FINNEY WORKS | TEXT INDEX | SUBJECT INDEX | GLOSSARY | BOOKS STORE